Athyrium felix femina
- Athyrium filix-femina is a deciduous clumping perennial fern.
- Each spring, fronds emerge from sturdy green fiddleheads.
- The fiddleheads and the petioles that unfurl from them have brownish chaffy scales.
- Plants are upright or vase shaped.
- Slowly expand from rhizomes to form small colonies.
Height: 1-3 ft
Spread: 1-3 ft
Spacing: 1-2 ft
Please login to see pricing.
Characteristics & Attributes
Critter Resistance:» Deer Resistant
Foliage Color:» Green
Attributes:» can be planted under Black Walnut Trees
» Great Foliage
» Mass Planting
Habit:» Spreads slowly by rhizomes