- Upright clumping perennial wildflower.
- Leaves are bright green thick and glossy.
- In autumn clouds of golden daisies attract drifts of migrating butterflies.
- Golden brown seed clusters follow and remain into winter to feed the birds.
- Plants reach 6’ or taller in sunny or partly sunny moist sites.
Interesting Notes about Helianthus angustifolia:
This is the latest flowering of the sunflowers. Flowering begins in September or October and continues until frost. The starry daisies are particularly striking against the intense blue October sky.
Habitats include floodplains, open bottomland forests, swamps, bogs, wet meadows, savannas, coastal salt marshes, wet flatwoods, pine barrens, roadsides, ditches and disturbed wet areas.
Please login to see pricing.
Characteristics & Attributes
Critter Resistance:» Deer Resistant
Foliage Color:» Green
Exposure:» Sun/ Part Shade
Attributes:» Cut Flower/Foliage
» Drought Tolerant
» Fall Color
» Low Maintenance
» Mass Planting
» Tolerates Clay Soil
Season of Interest (Flowering):» Fall