- Carex grayi is a perennial sedge that forms attractive slowly spreading clumps.
- The narrow leaves are shiny, upright and are usually semi-evergreen.
- In early summer greenish spherical flower spikes are held above the graceful shaggy foliage.
- The unique flowers resemble a starburst even after they transition into warm brown seed clusters.
- This sedge prospers in part sun to part shade in moist or wet soils. Plants tolerate full sun if abundant moisture is present.
- Carex grayi is native to most of the eastern and central United States.
Height: 3-4 ft
Please login to see pricing.
Characteristics & Attributes
Critter Resistance:» Deer Resistant
Foliage Color:» Green
Attributes:» can be planted under Black Walnut Trees
» Erosion control
» Ground Cover
» Mass Planting
» Self seeds in optimum conditions
» Spring Bloomer
» Water's Edge / Bog Plant
Habit:» Spreads by rhizomes
Season of Interest (Flowering):» Summer