Bottlebrush Grass (AKA Hystrix patula)
- A cool season woodland species with bottle brush like flowers in late summer
- Tolerates: Drought, Heavy Shade, Erosion, Dry Soil, Black Walnut, Air Pollution
- Adapts to wide range of soil conditions including heavy clay.
- Easily grown from seed and will readily self seed in the garden under optimum growing conditions.
- Best in sun/ pt.shade.
- Category: Grasses, Natives
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Height: 3-4 ft
- Spacing: 18-24 in
- Bloom Color: Green
- Foliage Color: Green
Growing & Maintenance Tips for Elymus hystix
Plant in clumps, mass or naturalize in a lightly-shaded woodland setting, native plant garden or naturalized area.