Gaultheria procumbens Tray/25
- Understory plant in the blueberry family.
- Commonly found in hardwood forests with light to moderate shade and acidic soil.
- It will also grow in moist organically enriched soil and clay, but will perform best in moist well-drained soil.
- Makes an excellent groundcover in shady areas of the landscape, tolerating even heavy shade.
- Use in rock or woodland garden or along a foundation.
- When the leaves are crushed, a wintergreen fragrance is released.
- Will spread and form a dense carpet.
- White to pink flowers in June- August.
- The red seed capsules in September- November are a food source for a variety of birds and small animals.
Please login to see pricing.
Characteristics & Attributes
Critter Resistance:» Deer Resistant
Foliage Color:» Green
Attributes:» Border or Bed
» Disease Resistant
» Erosion control
» Fall Color
» Ground Cover
» Low Maintenance
» Mass Planting
» Rock Garden
» Summer Bloomer
» Winter interest
Season of Interest (Flowering):» Summer